Dark knees can be embarrassing, especially during the summer when you want to wear short clothes. Kneeling down during prayers can cause dark knees. Exposure to too much sun and not exfoliating the skin can darken your skin further and you may end up with extra pigmentation. You can get rid of the dark knees using a variety of home remedies.
Here are 14 tips on how to get rid of dark knees.
- Baking soda
When it comes to cleaning the skin, baking soda is proved to be effective and also reduces dark skin. If dead skin is not removed they turn color and become dark. Baking soda is a good natural scrub. It has cleansing properties.
- Get one tablespoon of baking soda mix with milk
- Apply the paste on your knees and scrub in a circular motion
- Do this once for every two days until you notice a change in your skin color
- Honey, milk and turmeric
Milk acts as bleach and turmeric has antiseptic properties. Honey has antiseptic properties and also moisturizes your dry skin. These natural properties of these ingredients will help to get rid of dark knees. You will need one tablespoonful of turmeric powder, lemon and two tablespoons of milk
- Start by mixing milk with honey and some turmeric until it becomes a smooth paste
- Apply the smooth paste on your dark knees and leave it there for about 20minutes
- Wet your hands and then rub it for two minutes and after that wash it off with water
- Olive oil and sugar
Sugar that is present in this effective home remedy works as an exfoliant and the olive moisturizes your skin.
- Mix equivalent quantities of sugar and olive oil to come up with a thick paste
- Apply the paste on your black knees
- Rub your skin using the mixture for at least 5 minutes
- Wash the knees using water and mild soap.
- Honey and lemon
Lemon has bleaching properties. Honey plays a very important role in moisturizing the skin, preventing dark skin. On the other hand, lemon juice has the natural bleaching property. To get the best results, repeat this remedy at least three times a week.
- Mix one tablespoon of honey with the juice extract from one lemon
- Apply the mixture of honey and lemon on the affected knees and leave the mixture to work for at least twenty minutes
- Wash off the mixture with water to get a lightened skin
- Lemon and gram flour
Gram flour provides mild exfoliation and can also cleanse the area. Lemon is natural bleach and helps to get rid of dark knees.
- Add a quantity of lime juice to 1g of flour to make it damp
- Apply this mixture and rub in a circular motion.
- Olive oil works well
Olive oil is a natural bleacher and it as well softens the rough skin on the knees giving it glow and smoothness ..
- Rub warm olive oil to your knees every day for ten minutes
- Do this every day before going to bed for three weeks
- The Exfoliating brush works well
Use an exfoliating loofah or brush.
- You can use an exfoliating loofah or brush while taking your bath when your skin is still moist. Scrub the skin in a circular motion
- Shea butter and cocoa butter are effective
These two natural fats act as excellent moisturizers and help a lot in making the skin soft.
- Apply she butter or cocoa butter on your dark skin knee every night before you go to bed
- Aloe Vera gel
Aloe Vera reduces the damage caused by rays from the sun due to overexposure of your knees to the sun. It also moisturizes your skin and prevails dryness.
- Take fresh Aloe Vera leaves and extract the gel by breaking the leaf
- Apply the gel to your knees and leave it for 30 minutes to get rid of the dark knees
Use water and chicken powder to clean your knees. Apply the paste on the affected area and give it some time to dry. Once it has dried, use cold water to remove it and dry your knee with a towel. While it is still damp, take some Vaseline and rub it on the affected area and wrap your knees in a bandage. Repeat this every night.
- Yoghurt and vinegar
When this two home remedies are used together to get rid of dark knees, they moisturize and cleanse your skin
Apply a mixture of yoghurt and vinegar on the affected area.
When this mixture dries up, rub the affected area in a circular motion for 2 minutes and then wash
- Bleaching fruits
Fruits such as grapes, tomato and lemon have bleaching properties.
- Apply the juice of any this bleaching fruits regularly to your knee
- You can use different juices from different fruits on different days
- Use of moisturizers
Moisturizers play the role of hydrating your skin. This prevails the darkening of the skin. Moisturizers also help reduce the friction of the skin
- After having a shower, apply a good quality moisturizer to your knee to keep the skin supple and fresh
- Natural oils
The natural oils help to get rid of dark knees and also retain the moisture of the skin
- Apply any natural oil like coconut oil, sesame seed oil, olive oil on the skin to reduce the darkening and dryness of your skin