The festival of colors is just around the corner and as every color has different hues, Holi has its own hues. Amidst enjoyment, we only look at the positive side of the festival and ignore the negative one. Like other festivals, Holi too has been commercialized by various synthetic color manufacturing companies. These companies produce Holi colors that are extremely harmful for our health and environment.
Holi colors contain hazardous substances like lead oxide, mercury sulphide, aluminum bromide, copper sulphate, Prussian blue, and many more. Such harmful contents in Holi colors can cause many health related problems including skin rashes, eye allergies, temporary blindness, and so on. This article will help you find some great tips on how you can save your skin and hair from the harmful effects of synthetic Holi colors.
Quick tips to protect your hair from artificial colors
To avoid your hair from being frizzy, unmanaged, and dull after playing Holi, just follow these tips.
- Massage the entire length of your hair with coconut, olive or any oil that suits your hair. Oil will create a protective layering on your hair against artificial Holi colors and dust.
- Cover your hair with a cap to keep them safe against harmful colors.
- Wash off your hair properly with a mild shampoo and a good conditioner.
- You can make up for the damage by applying a natural hair pack.
- You can make your own hair pack by mixing henna powder, lemon juice and curd. Apply it on hair and wash after an hour.
Quick tips to protect your skin from artificial colors
- Apply a layer of body care oil on your face, arms, legs, and so on to keep it protected against chemicals.
- Wear full length clothes that cover the maximum part of your skin.
- Apply a waterproof sunscreen that suits your skin tone.
- Apply a layer of lip balm on your lips.
- Apply a transparent nail polish to save your nails from getting colored with harsh Holi colors.
- Do not use hard soaps to remove Holi colors off your skin.
Quick home remedies to remove harsh synthetic Holi colors
- Make a face pack with one spoon of masoor dal, one spoon of flour, rose water and a pinch of turmeric. Apply it on your face and let it dry for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with water.
- Apply a face pack of soya bean flour or besan with milk. Add a little sea salt, glycerine, and a few drops of aroma oil. Apply this face pack to wash off Holi colors .
- Simply wash your face with warm water and then apply aloe vera and lemon to get off the color.
- Do not scrub your face harshly with water and always wash it after applying a little amount of oil on the skin. This will help in removing the color easily and will also make you get rid of itchiness and dryness.
So this Holi, keep all the tips in mind and splash colors without any fear. Wishing you all a safe and fun-filled Holi.