Giving yourself a facial is bliss, is not it! Putting on a natural face mask, letting the good ingredients pamper your skin while you read a magazine or listen to your favorite music or just lay on the couch relaxing, enjoying the much-needed break!
There are loads of natural face masks (and other, synthetic masks too, of course) on the market, but if you want to get crafty and sometimes save some money you might want to try making a homemade beauty mask. I've put together a list of two of the best and easiest hydrating formulas I know and I hope you find something suitable for you there!
Homemade face mask for dry skin – Apricot and Honey beauty mask
The honey in this face mask for dry skin will help to heal any irritations and the almonds will leave your skin feeling silky and soft. The apricots are full of vitamins and will smoothen the skin.
- 2 ripe apricots
- 2 tablespoons honey (liquid)
- 2 tablespoons finely ground almonds
What to do:
- Peel the apricots, remove the stone and mash them with a fork
- Mix the mashed fruit with the honey and the almonds
- Massage the mask into your clean skin (face and neck), but keep away from the eyes
- Put your feet up and relax!
- Remove the mask after about 20-25 minutes by rinsing it off with warm water.
DIY face mask for dry sensitive skin – Avocado & Oatmeal beauty mask
This is one of the best and easiest avocado face masks I know for anyone with dry and sensitive skin, as it is very moisturizing and helps to restore damaged skin due to the beneficial oils of avocado and the healing properties in oatmeal.
- 3 tablespoons of a ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal
What to do:
- Cook the oatmeal as instructed on the package (with water), let it cool
- Mash the avocado with a fork
- Mix the ingredients together
- Apply the mask onto your skin
- Relax and enjoy the break!
- Remove the mask after about 10 – 15 minutes by washing it off with warm water
These were the homemade natural beauty mask formulas I wanted to share. Give them a try and see if you like them!
For more effective results especially if you want to get rid of wrinkles or fine lines, I would recommend you try Xtend-Life natural masks though, such as the Age Defying Hydrating Mask or the Age Defying Cleansing Mask . They have been made to effect boost youthfulness while deeply moisturizing and nourishing your skin much more effectively than any homemade facial mask could do!