Skin problems are a common thing in today's time for both men and women, but how you react as well as treat them is what sets apart both the sexes. Referring especially for men; this article talks about some common skin problems and their solutions which can save the day for men.
Let us look at the skin problems that occur day-after-day, but are hard to tackle with.
Acne had to take the first position when it comes to common skin issues. Although, men do not go crazy just by seeing the smallest occurrence on the face like women; they certainly want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Now the first thing you need to understand here is what exactly is acne? Is it similar to whiteheads, blackheads, and other look-alikes? Well, acne just happens and even the experts are trying to understand its cause. However, sebum or the natural skin oil is considered to be the root cause. Testosterone (during puberty) produces more sebum and causes a lot of acne. You must be surprised to know that men are more accustomed to getting acne than women.
Solution: There are some steps you can follow, but there's no way you can control your hormones after all. So you can try doing these:
• Clean your face regularly, but gently.
• Avoid harsh cleaning agents on the face.
• Apply aloe vera to balance the oil on the face; and
• Do not pop a pimple.
Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory disease that is red, flaky patch and has a silvery center. There is a possibility that this disease occurs anywhere on the body including hands, nails, elbows and even the private parts of the male body. It is supposed to be a genetic disease that can be triggered by various environmental factors. It looks ugly, but the pain that the sufferers face during the psoriasis attacks are beyond compare. The attacks include severing itching and other symptoms which make the situation go from bad to worse. Some of the commonest types of psoriasis are plaque, pustular, inverse psoriasis (specifically for genitals) and guttate psoriasis.
Solution: Although psoriasis is not contagious, but it is not curable either. However, you can definitely suppress it and prevent it from occurring (psoriasis attacks) with the following steps:
• Avoid dryness all around and make sure you use a humidifier to keep the environment moist.
• Do not use soaps and perfumes because they contain fragrances that can boost up psoriasis.
• Wear appropriate men's underwear in order to prevent the shaft and the adjacent areas from drying.
• Apply Vaseline or any other petroleum jelly to keep the affected area moisturized; and
• Increase the intake of ingredients rich in Omega 3.
3. Shaving Rash
One of the most common problems faced by every male at some or the other point of time is a shaving rash. Scientifically called as 'pseudofolliculitis barbae' or 'sycosis barbae', men also refer to it as 'barber's itch' or 'razor lumps'. Why does it happen? Well, there are a few causes of the shaving rashes to happen. Insufficient pre-shaving preparations, using an old razor, lack of lubrication, and more are some of the causes for this skin problem.
Solutions: Finally, this problem has solid and full-proof solutions that can prevent and even cure the skin rashes.
• Clean your face with gentle face wash before you start shaving. In fact, you opt for taking a proper bath before shaving in order to soften the hair follicles.
• Use a usable and functional razor that does not ditch you in the middle of the process.
• Make a rich lather with the shaving cream, so that the razor moves smoothly.
• Clean the face properly after the shave.
Well, these are a few skin problems faced by men on a daily basis and it is important for you to not only cure them, but also make some efforts to prevent them from happening. Keeping yourself clean, continue healthy eating habits and wear the right mens sexy underwear that would definitely save you from a lot of problems.